A lot of people use their android device as a Wi-Fi device. Connecting their PC to their android device via WiFi for work. Some others just want to share their data with their friends. The list as to why one needs it’s android hotspot up and running is endless.
So when their android hotspot starts misbehaving, it’s normal to try and fix it. It might be a software problem and it might also be an hardware problem. It might be because there is no service, it might also be because you simply do not have an active data plan.
Whichever might be the case, we will be looking at all the steps you should take that can help you to fix android hotspot not working problem.
How To Fix Android Hotspot Not Working
- Check Data Balance: This might actually sound funny but first thing you have to do is to make sure you have an active data balance. No data means no browsing, no browsing means there is nothing to be tethered via the hotspot. Which might give the illusion that the hotspot is not working.
- Disable Battery Saving Mode: Battery Saving mode is used to stop background running apps in order to conserve and save battery. While this might be a great feature, it might also be what is stopping your android hotspot from running at full capacity, thereby causing the problem.
- Disable Data Saver: With your data saver enabled you will not be able to share your data with any device, you will need to disable it. This usually is done automatically when your hot-spot is turned on especially on the recent devices but if it doesn’t you will need to disabled it manually.
- Update Your Android: If your device has an update then try as much as possible to update it. The problem affecting the hotspot on your device might be a software glitch which has been acknowledged and fixed by your phone manufacturer in the new update.
- Factory Reset (Recommended after updates): This should be a last resort but the most effective way of fixing the problem as it would Delete all your files and settings on your android device. So do not forget to backup your important files and app before resetting your device.
- Check Installed Apps: An app might also be responsible for the hotspot problem on your android device. While it might be best to delete just the app responsible for the hotspot problem, it will also be hard to pin point the particular culprit if you have quite a number of apps installed. So it is advisable to factory reset your device first then be careful of the app you install next.
- Take It To A Service Center: If all the solutions above does not work then it definitely not a software problem but an hardware problem which will require the expertise of a phone technician. Also, remember to backup your files before taking it to a phone technician. Most times the solution to an Android hotspot not working may not required factory reset or an update.